Immunization Registry: Submitting Data | On-Boarding Process
As required by law (Act 432 of 1995), immunization providers in Arkansas must report immunizations given to persons under the age of 22 years to the statewide immunization registry, Arkansas WebIZ. A provider may report the administration of adult immunizations to individuals twenty-two (22) years of age or older without individuals’ consent to the department per Arkansas Code Annotated §§20-15-1201 – 1203. This public health option allows Eligible Professionals (EP) or Eligible Hospitals (EH) to electronically submit immunization records using Health Level Seven (HL7) to send the data.
As of December 9, 2013 the following changes have been made to the HL7 interface requirements. Please read through each carefully as they will affect the quality of the messages you send and may potentially disallow messages to be accepted.
- PV1-20 (Financial Class) will now accept a Date (YYYYMMDD) along with VFC eligibility.
- Zip Codes submitted with 9 digits will properly parse.
- PID-3 (Patient Identifier) is considerably shorter in max length; all ids will be trimmed accordingly.
- We can now accept 2.4, 2.6 and 2.7 messages. We do not have spec guides completed for these, but we can accept them. If you are interested in moving to or submitting one of these formats, we can discuss the development of implementation guides.
- Any provider/vendor interested in beginning development on a 2.6 and/or 2.7 framework should contact ADH.IMM.MU@arkansas.gov. We will give the highest priority in testing to a provider/practice interested and willing to work with us to develop and solidify our 2.7 specifications.
- New operations have been added to the HL7 Web service per CDC recommendations:
- connectivity Test
- submit Single Message
- All CVX codes in HL7 should be in the format “XX” or “XXX”
- The capability to accept and send vaccine level funding source (using LOINC code 30963-3) has been established. This is especially important for VFC facilities as this will be required, no exceptions.
Please refer to the 2.5.1 Implementation Guide, it has been updated to reflect these changes.