The Arkansas Department of Health’s Child and Adolescent Health - School Health Program includes:
- Act 1220
- Arkansas State School Nurse Consultant
- School-Based Health Centers
- CDC 1801 “Improving Student Health and Academic Achievement through Nutrition, Physical Activity and the Management of Chronic Conditions in Schools"
These programs all work collaboratively within the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model which is an expansion of the Coordinated School Health (CSH) framework and include the Arkansas Department of Education, Arkansas Educational Services Cooperatives, Arkansas Center for Health Improvement, Arkansas Children’s Hospital, amongst many other partners. Coordinated School Health/ WSCC is a planned, organized set of health-related programs, policies, and services coordinated at both the district and individual school levels. It emphasizes a unified and collaborative approach to learning and health.
The Student Exposure to Health Care Experiences and Careers Resource Guide is the joint effort of members of health and education sectors who first came together at the 2018 Rural Health Summit at the Winthrop Rockefeller Institute. The guide includes information and contacts for educational programs operating throughout Arkansas that provide health care-related experiences and career exposure for students of all ages.
- Child Health Advisory Committee (meetings and minutes)
- BMI Toolkit For Nurses
- Healthy Family Refrigerator Curriculum
- Get in the Game - Joint Use Agreements
- Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Arkansas Department of Education School Health Services
- Arkansas Center for Health Improvement School BMI information
- Arkansas School Wellness Committee Toolkit
- DASH: Division of Adolescent and School Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Obesity Data Deck
- CDC: Virtual Healthy School
|School Health||4815 W. Markham, Slot 63
Little Rock, AR 72205